Thursday, February 14, 2008

Midwest Mini Book tour!

Hoo yeah!
This'll be a first.
I mean, I'm quite comfortable playing music in front of strangers, hiding behind my saxophone amid a band of more interesting others. But me all alone, reading from the book I wrote?
It's causing a bit of anxiety for sure.
A few more experienced friends have offered their 2 cents to "practice, practice, practice." But it just feels silly ... stop watch in hand, it feels like I'm talking to myself, looking out at an imaginary group of folks while reading aloud something I wrote myself. It's ridiculous because I should know these words I wrote & be able to read them, ahem, perform them, with little effort, but WRONG! I'm not even in front of anyone & my throat is already dry and my hands sweaty.
Great.
Anyhow, I'd love for you to come hear me read. I'm counting on my ears turning red at least twice.

Here's the line up:

Saturday, February 16 - Chicago - Quimby's at 7 p.m.
Sunday, February 17 - Madison - A Room Of One's Own at 2 p.m.
Monday, February 18 - Milwaukee - Broad Vocabulary at 6 p.m.

4 comments:

Matt Indignant said...

Would love to see you come through Texass someday, especially the Houston area!

Anonymous said...

are you coming to nyc?

Blake Driver said...

Hey, Jessica - the author in our midst! Now I see why you've been out of town. Busy lady. I can't wait to hear how it went, and if your ears caught fire! Blake

Jessica said...

Jen,
I'll hopefully make it to NYC in mid-August.
-Jes.